Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Future of Business and Marketing

A true entrepreneur looks out their window and sees the potential in everything. The other day, I was running along a strip mall and noticed how lots of businesses had closed their doors. Some people would see that and feel mournful for the business owners who were no longer in business.

I can see that, but I also saw beyond that and immediately began to think about the possibilities that these vacant store- front locations could provide.

For, it is simpler now to discover a great domain name as so lots of "cyber-squatters" can no longer afford to hang onto their domain portfolios and other online entrepreneurs are dumping domains they have held for years, but have never used.

The same holds true when you look out in to the net world and see how lots of sites are no longer online. Again, there's new possibilities opening up on a regular basis.

In lots of ways, the timing could not have been better. Social media (Facebook, Twitter, and the others) have changed the world wide web marketing game in significant ways and in time !

There's also lots of new possibilities opening up now for new- comers as the market is desperately seeking new ideas, new strategies, and better, more effective ways of earning a living.

I am seeing lots of new faces who are now able to quickly share books, ideas, links, videos, and more that were historicallyin the past unable to do much more online than digest other people's content.

The conversation has changed. The world wide web is a very different place today than it's been, and there's lots of new voices out there prepared, willing, and now able to share their thoughts and ideas with the remainder of the world.

Look for major changes to continue over the next few years. I am sorry if you are not the type that loves alter, but alter is the only constant in life, and with alter comes possibility.

And it gets even better. With so lots of new voices, the traditional media channels are dying a slow and painful death, much like the newspapers that so dominated the media until the last decade. Devices like the iPad make the newspaper obsolete.

The point here is that while lots of doors have closed and lots of more are now closing, there's as lots of opening up. Your best approach now is to start asking the kinds of questions that open new doors.

The landscape has changed, and there's lots of new ways to earn a living, more openings for new-comers, more great domains available, and a hungry marketplace that is looking for something fresh and new.

The lovely news is that the days ahead will bring new people to the forefront with new ideas, new energy, and far more passion .

Keep your eyes open because there is no telling who will rise to the top next. It could very well be YOU! On a personal note, I have been making lots of changes in terms of the work that I do, what I teach, and the people that I serve.

I do know that of my favourite gifts is that I can see what is coming long before it gets here. For example, I knew back in 1980 when I got my very first computer at age 16 that this thing would alter our world. I knew things would alter again when I got online back in 1984 for the very first time. I embraced these changes while lots of others ran from them and thought about them to be nothing over a "fad."

I am doing what I recommend you do at this point and that is to take a fresh look at those you serve (or require to serve) and start asking increasingly questions about what they need, where they require to go, and what they feel is keeping them from getting there.

Before I knew it, I had risen to the top of a field that had yet to be defined. People said calling me an "Internet Marketer" as early as 1993, when most people thought of the Web as being The united states Online.

Embrace the changes that are now happening. Recognize that much of what you read about has a focus on what is wrong with the alter. Learn to look for what possibilities the changes present and then jump on them as quick as you can.

Looking back, I would have jumped onto e-mail marketing a lot sooner if I could do it all again. I was about two years late on that. Had I started marketing by e-mail in 1993 in lieu of 1995...

My point is that the individuals who will be the most successful in the coming years are those that pick to look for the possibilities in lieu of staying focused only on the consequences.

Alter is constant, and necessary for growth. Alter opens new doors, creates new possibilities, and gives new people a chance to prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment