Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Too Many Projects Can Hurt Your Business

Many people have an unfinished book in the drawer or projects that have been left undone for several years. Perhaps the reason that they are in this state is that the who started them had lots of things on the go simultaneously.

Each of us has only 24 hours. It is amazing, however, to recognize that some people appear to be able to accomplish lots of accomplishments while others state that they are in a constant state of chaos.

I don't get it. You see I get satisfaction out of finishing things even if the technique is difficult. There's occasions, for example, when I might have a document to write and finish up staying at the office late in order to finish it. Despite the fatigue, there is a amazing feeling of completion that I enjoy for having done the project. And it seems to go faster because the information needed for the document is fresh in my mind.

Have you ever gone in to the office of a lawyer or psychologist who, despite having pretty filing cabinets, is surrounded by piles and piles of client files. They seldom appear to get to a point where things are put away and the table is cleared. Some of these individuals very appear to be proud and I have wondered in the event that they have satisfied themselves that operating like this is efficient.

When I was editing my most recent book recently, I made a powerful statement to my son day "I detest that book". After I had made the declaration they both laughed. My son said "Then you must be done". You see often when they are very worn out of doing something it is a sign that the project is in fact done. Nothing will ever be ideal and those who edit and edit and edit seldom do have a published book.

This is the case for lots of things. You are better to take project, give it your very best and then move on.

When I select the that has a firm deadline or is most important and push my life away to deal with it, I am amazed at how quickly it is done. Then I move to the next item.

Often the things that are bugging me are jogging around and around in my head. I select to assault them by beginning with a list. Although it felt like I had a thousand things to do, on paper there's usually only four or two.

Pick and project and do something about it. Soon you will benefit from the feelings and results to the point that you adopt this pattern in all areas of your life.

The other day a client indicated that he had important papers all over the house and could not find things that he needs. I recommended that he go through the house, collect all of them up and put them in the bathroom. Then I suggested that he commit to dealing with sheets of paper every time he takes a bathroom break. He was so excited about this plan and I am confident that he will be free of this project when he arrives for her next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment